Creative Programs Facilitator – Biloela
About the role
This is a part time position
About the Role
As Creative Programs Facilitator you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the delivery of a high quality and joyful creative lifestyle program that provides meaningful and engaging activities across the service by –
- Supporting the assessment of resident’s creative interests, social /cultural history, emotional and spiritual needs;
- Developing and facilitating individual and group activities that engage with residents’ interests and desires;
- Supporting resident participation in activities (including assisting with mobility aides where needed) and empowering them to use and develop their skills and abilities;
- Evaluating program effectiveness and adjusting as appropriate;
- Working with the Coordinator to generate opportunities promoting and encouraging wider involvement in creative programs; and
- Recognising, seeking out and creating opportunities that build a sense of community and establish connections within the service as well as with the wider community.
As the successful applicant to this position you will demonstrate the following;
- A high degree of self motivation
- capability to establish and maintain strong links with others, including a strong commitment to volunteers and volunteer programs
- The ability to work well within a team environment
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills
- A can-do attitude and a passion for aged care
- An innovative approach to providing tailored and meaningful activities for the residents and will have the ability to motivate and inspire others as well as actively contribute to change
What we can offer you
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer a competitive hourly wage and access to 15,900pa in salary packaging options. You will also have access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
About Lutheran Services
We work with our congregations, individuals and communities to tend to human need in the spirit of Christian love and service. Our Services include Retirement Living, Aged Care, Home Support, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family, Domestic Violence, Crisis Support.
We support our clients to pursue the good life they hope for and to extend Christian love and hope into our communities. We encourage all we serve on their path to a good life, whatever that means to them.
The quality of our staff and leaders is critical to how effective we are as an organisation in achieving our mission
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com.